Thanks for your interest in working with TOMAK! Please remember to read the job ad, relevant Terms of Reference or position description thoroughly before contacting us or submitting your application.
Municipal Manager - Bobonaro
We are currently seeking applications for the position of Municipal Manager (Bobonaro), to be based in Maliana. The initial duration is until 31 May 2021, with the possibility of extension.
This is a senior management position, responsible for representing and managing the TOMAK Program in Bobonaro, and leading a team of four staff (three Project Officers and a Finance/ Admin Officer) in the day-to-day planning, coordination and monitoring of program-supported activities. The position reports to the National Program Manager in the Dili Office. A close working relationship with the technical support team located in Dili is also required.
Minimum qualifications, skills and experience:
- Timorese national.
- Degree qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. local economic development, agriculture, nutrition or private sector development).
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in rural development.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in a senior management role.
- Demonstrated experience supervising, mentoring and coordinating staff.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with a diverse range of stakeholders, including government, private sector and civil society organisations.
- Strong administrative and financial management skills.
- Fluency in Tetum and working knowledge of English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the development of written reports.
- Advanced computer literacy, particularly in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to work proactively and independently.
Please review the full position description here.
Interested parties are requested to submit an application letter summarising relevant experience and responding to the position requirements (maximum 2 pages) and a current CV (maximum 3 pages) to Joao.Martires@tomak.org with the subject line “TOMAK Application: Municipal Manager (Bobonaro)”.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We hope to have the successful candidate commencing work in Maliana by late September 2019.
Applications close 26 August 2019. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
ASI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continually improve the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.