Thanks for your interest in working with TOMAK! Please remember to read the job ad, relevant Terms of Reference or position description thoroughly before contacting us or submitting your application.
Organisation/Firm to carry out Food Storage Assessment (Jul – Nov 2021)
TOMAK is seeking an organization/firm to undertake a seed/food storage assessment using quantitative and qualitative methods, including development of the methodology, data collection in the field, analysis of results and presentation back to TOMAK and relevant actors.
Improved seed/food storage technologies have the potential to increase food stability by allowing rural households to reduce post-harvest losses and use their agricultural production over a longer period. Along with food availability, access and utilisation, stability is one of the four pillars of food security.
This targeted assessment will focus on multiple aspects of seed/food storage and should include:
- Key informant interviews with key actors past and present working in seed/food storage in Timor-Leste including the Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries;
- Identification of the different storage technologies currently available (including price and supply chain);
- Consolidation of different types of technologies utilised in Timor-Leste, including their rate of use and advantages and disadvantages of different methods;
- Analysis of community willingness to pay for improved storage technologies;
- Exploration of the sustainability of improved storage technology over time (e.g. data collection with farmers in areas of previous projects).
- Consolidation of lessons learned around the different models for disseminating seed/food storage technologies in Timor-Leste;
For more information about this assignment, please refer to the Terms of Reference. For enquiries or to submit your application please contact Tammy Theikdi, Tammy.Theikdi@adamsmithinternational.com.
Organisations should provide a cost estimate and submit details describing knowledge and experience relevant to conduct the assessment. Applications close 21 June 2021.